Saturday, January 2, 2010

Perfect God.....

I love music, and one of my favorite artists is Natalie Grant. She has a new single out called Perfect People, and I would have to say that the words of this song are so good. It talks about how in life we never want people to see us when were down and things aren't going so good. We want the world to see that we have it all together. I am not ashamed of the imperfections that are so evident in my life. I am a work in progress, with such a steep hill ahead, but I'm chugging along! As I was looking at some of the posts I had over the past year, I realize that even when things haven't been the easiest in my life, the Lord is right there making it okay. He's awesome like that! In this song Natalie sings there's no such thing as perfect people, there's no such thing as a perfect life, so come as you are, broken and scarred, lift up your heart, be amazed, be changed by a Perfect God. I am so far from perfect but when I rely on my God, a weight is lifted and I am amazed at how He can take my imperfect life, and give me perfect life through Him. When the world says you have to have it all together I am reminded that He lived and died to heal my imperfections.... and I don't have to come to Him in a perfect little package. He is an awesome God, and wants me just the way I am. As I was thinking about some of my New Year's Resolutions today....I would say the one that is at the top of my list is spending more time with my nose in the word of God. There are so many things I know He wants to teach me and I know that to be close to Him I have to meditate on His word so it is living and breathing in me. I have to take each step following His lead. I pray that as you begin your 2010, you are reminded that the Lord doesn't ask us to be perfect....He asks us to come as we are broken and scarred to Him our Perfect God and He is there to mend what needs mending. To take our imperfect life, and help us turn it into something that glorifies Him. This life is not about us....It is about the one who gave us this life--our PERFECT GOD! Happy New Year to you and God Bless! Love, David, Steph, Jake, Drew, and Tate

No comments:

Post a Comment