Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome Home.....


I was so excited yesterday knowing David, my love, my best friend, my parenting partner, was coming home from hunting the great outdoors in Kansas. You would have thought that he had been gone for weeks, but in all actuality he had only been gone 4 nights. I know what you're thinking...and yes you're right....the trip is short and I should just deal with it. There are so many women who's husbands leave for months at a time, so my 4 nights alone, when I'm not actually alone isn't much to have a pity party over. My boys keep me company and we have a great time, but it's just not the same when David's away. After church yesterday the texting began...he started with how are the roads?....and from then on it was back and forth until the last text came in saying he was eight minutes from home!! The countdown began...the boys watched the clock and would give a minute by minute update on when the truck would pull into the circle drive out front! When we saw the first sign of headlights pulling into the drive, Drew threw open the window in the livingroom and all three boys and I shouted "Hi Daddy!" The race was on for Jake to see how fast he could put on his boots, coat, gloves, and ear muffs and help his daddy in the door. I love to see them run to their dad, put their arms around him and squeeze with all they have. It warms my heart, and gets him ready for the big hug and kiss coming from me! As David took off his coat and boots and settled in next to me on the couch, the first thing out of his mouth was, "I had a great time, but I'm so happy to be sitting here, on this couch, next to you, listening to the boys. It feels so good." This morning as I thought about David's homecoming I began to think about how the Lord must feel when one of His children comes home. There are so many reasons a child of God leaves home for a while. All the time they are gone, He misses the conversations, He misses the relationship that is gone. He longs for them to come home. He anxiously awaits their arrival, and greets them when the day finally arrives. It dosen't matter how long or how short the trip, He is equally as excited for the lost to make it home to Him. I am so comforted knowing that when I stumble and fall, or I get off course for a while, He is there to pick me up and steer me back on the path He has so perfectly laid out for me. He is there to greet me and say "Welcome Home." He loves us...oh How He loves us...oh how He loves us...How He loves us so! Remember everyday how much the Lord loves you, and how He wants us to have a deep relationship with Him, but it doesn't stop there. We have to know His word, and meditate on it so that we know just what He expects from us, and in knowing that, the relationship we can have with Him is that much sweeter. Just like we as parents want our children to know what we expect out of them, when they do and obey our relationship is that much sweeter with them too! I learn so much about God's love as I parent my boys. Thank you Lord for welcoming me home time and time again and for never giving up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment