Saturday, December 26, 2009

Jesus...the light of the world







The view from my diningroom window at this moment makes me happy I am inside today watching the boys enjoy the new things they recieved yesterday. They are playing with their new legos given to them by their Nana and being so creative in their constructions. David is still sleeping due to his early morning sick stomach that resulted in him losing all of the delicious fixings that He so gloriously enjoyed at my grandmother's house at dinner yesterday afternoon. After talking to Kay I hear that he is not the only one in the family this morning battling an uneasy stomach. It must be a little bug that hopefully will not rear it's ugly little head again. I am at this moment trying to decide if I want to clean up the aftermath of Christmas morning or bake some chocolate chip and sugar cookies. I am leaning toward the cookies telling myself that "it's the holidays," but I will probably remind myself that if I would just clean up the mess--I could really enjoy the baking later. I love the holidays! The smells, the sights, the cuddles, and for me the one of the best parts is spending uninterrepted time with family. For the last week leading up to the holidays, I have watched and cherished each moment. We have had nowhere we had to go...and so we have had the opportunity to just be together! Life seems to stand still during this holiday and having David and the boys home with me during Christmas break is such a joy. Dave and I love watching them share, and laugh, wrestle and fight. You know what I mean--at one moment the are hugging each other and the next minute they want to take the other down for the count. We have learned that in raising them that even in the wrestling and fighting, they truly are loving. It is a strange and interesting thing but the love they share as brothers runs so deep. I remind them daily that with brothers they have friends for life! I pray for their relationship to continually grow stronger and deeper as they get older. I am so thankful we are blessed in raising such special little boys. I feel so blessed that I get to parent with such an amazing man, who shows them how to let the Lord lead his life, so he can lead this family. As I stop and ponder what this season is all about...I recognize that it is about Jesus and his amazing love for us. It is about sharing that love with our families and those around us. Letting our light of His love shine so the world will see Jesus! God bless your family this coming year and years to come. Bundle up.....it's cold outside in Stockton, Missouri! Love, The Wheeler's!

No comments:

Post a Comment