Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day....

I have had such a wonderful day!! This morning the boys woke us up about 7 a.m. and were ready to get downstairs to see if Santa had come, and as always he had left them something special under the tree. As we made our way into the livingroom and the gifts were passed out, Jake said, "I know were ready to open presents, but can we say a little prayer for Chad? He is out this morning working on the icy roads and he isn't going to be able to spend time with his family." David and I were quick to say of course we could pray for Chad and we were filled with awe in thinking that he had his mind on our dear friend. It made the beginning for such a special morning seeing our children so thankful for the special gifts they were recieving, and we could tell their focus wasn't on the gifts. Our tree was not exploding with presents, but our boys were so excited to see what their few packages held. There is nothing like the excitement small children bring to Christmas. We have so much fun listening to their conversations about the anticipation of this special day, and seeing their eyes light up when they open a package marked with their name on top. David and I have always tried to make Christmas special, but we have always stressed to the boys that Christmas is not about the getting it is more about the giving. That it feels so good to give something special to someone you love-or to even a stranger. We have spent the day loving, laughing, giving and recieving, eating, and sleeping. It has been great. As I am sitting here I am so thankful for my warm home, with family all around. I am truly blessed beyond measure and I am so thankful for my Savior who was born this day, whom we celebrate above all--Jesus. He is the one and only reason for all seasons! He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords--Almighty God, the Everlasing Father! He is! I want to wish you a Merry Christmas evening and a blessed 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment