Thursday, October 15, 2009

Seasons Change.....

Why does time seem to go so fast? I was driving by our old house the other day, the house we brought all three of our littles boys home to. I was admiring how tall the trees had gotten in the yard that we planted together and how beautiful they were. I drove by slowly remembering those special times we had there. How the boys would play in the yard and try to climb to the tip top of the dogwood tree on the north side of the house, or playing a pick up baseball game in the yard. That particular day was cloudy, chilly, and it seemed to sprinkle all day. Those were the days I loved the most as a stay-at-home mom. The boys and I would bake homeade cinnamon rolls (or some other baked goodies), drink hot chocolate, and watch The Tales of Peter Rabbit or the Velveteen Rabbit together cuddled under a blanket on the sofa. As I arrived home that day before picking up the kids I had decided I would bake an apple pie for David to enjoy on his lunch break. I enjoy baking so preparing the pie was fun but not near as much fun as having my boys home to help me add all of the ingredients. I miss them being home, and I miss being at home full time as well. I miss them under foot needing me to help them reach for a drink of water, tie their shoes, or zip their coats. To all those stay-at-home moms out there who feel like they are living in a world of sippy cups and diapers. Who feel like their living rooms have been taken over by building blocks, or baby dolls. Who feel like the only thing they do all day is wipe little bottoms or little noses. Your not alone. I have been there and I tried so hard to heed the advice of wise mentoring mothers who had told me time and time again to enjoy every minute. They were right. Every minute is precious and is gone in a flash. I do miss those days, but I am loving where my boys are at right now too. I guess the secret is enjoying each stage of life as it comes. Being content in every season, because seasons change. To remember that with each passing season there is so much beauty to see as our children grow and change and mature. To everything there is a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment