Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Heart of a little town.....

I am overwhelmed at times at how the Lord blesses me with so much family so close to me in my life. David and I have both sides of the family living in the same home town, and it is so great. It is something that we feel so many people in life miss out on when children move away and start life in a new place. When I was younger--just married and before children--I used to think that life in our little town was not big enough for me. I needed to see the world and see what it had to offer. As I age--I am so thankful that the Lord planted me right where I am. I get to see my entire family grow and we get to age together--I don't have to miss a minute. As I am writing this I can honestly say that I have had so much fun every moment on this vacation--and I will be sad to leave. But family is where my heart is. I will be glad to get back to the beautiful trees turning color--and the crisp feeling in the air. Pulling out my jeans and my fall sweaters and all of the fun that comes with the seasons to come. Hot dog roasts with my family-softball games, football games, and cuddles on our couch at home. I love vacations but I truly love my family. Our little town may be small--but the heart that lives there beats so strong. It is a very unique and special place to live and I am so thankful to the Lord for placing me right where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment