Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Well, school is starting tomorrow and I am singing the mamma blues. It is so hard for me to let my little guys go after summer break. I guess I just want moments to last longer, for hugs to be just a little tighter, and for my little boys to stay little boys. Each new school year brings a close to a little more of our past, but it also starts new things to come. As I am writing this it is hard to fight back tears. (I am not being very successful) At the moment I am watching Drew and Tate collect some stones outside our house, getting ready to paint on them. Their little fingers picking just the perfect stone that will become their masterpiece. Listening to their conversations with each other, so young and so precious yet so detailed and interesting. They are more than brothers, they are friends. Where does the time go. I know it sounds like a mom to say this, but I am in love with each and every little part of my three little guys. The way they smile at me, the way they hug me, and the way they play with my hair when we are reading or watching a movie. They are such a gift, and I want each of these moments to never change. Alas, I know that dream can never come true. I know they have to grow up and become the men God wants them to be. I also know our special moments will change and grow as they do in a very special way. There is nothing like the bond between a mother and her little boy and I am so blessed to have three very special, unique little boys of my very own. I just pray that sending them to school gets a little easier, I am like that story your hear about children crying everyday, not wanting to go--only I am the opposite--I am the mom not wanting to let them go. Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment