Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Autumn Life in the Country.....




As I am sitting here, the autumnal breeze blowing through my house, I am sure this is my favorite time of year. I love this season-the leaves gently making their way to the ground creating a blanket of yellows, oranges, reds, and browns. It is so beautiful. Looking around I see just how amazing my God is. He gives us so much. It seems that my life at this moment has taken on a slower pace, and I love it. Though it doesn't last long I am going to cherish every second. The boys are playing together, and it is quiet. I can hear the wind filled trees chatting back and forth. I see squirrels picking through my walnuts in the front yard sifting out just the right ones to store for the winter. My St. Bernard relaxing in her pin her fur moving back and forth with the breeze. Max and Sammy cuddled together on the back deck catching up on some needed sleep tired from their night prowling. I love it in the country. I thank you Lord for allowing my family to live here. To reside in a such special place. I was sharing with my family the other day that it is not the home I live in that I love--but the life that is lived here. I pray that our home is filled with love, encouragement, laughter, family, and friends. Most importantly I pray that our home is a refuge for those who need to feel the love of God. That we never get to busy to share God's love and connect with those God puts into our path. That I am never to busy to remember who gives me this life. God deserves my best and I am ashamed to say that I am someone who lets busy life take control. Lord help me in the busyness of life to rest in You. To rest in the shelter of Your wings and remember You are my Strong Tower. My God is amazing and I am in awe of His marvelous creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment