Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!





















To all of you mothers out there. I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! Being a mother isn't always easy. Sometimes I wish there was a Mother's How to Guide to raising a family! If you follow this step-your child will behave just the way you want them too! Right! I guess if there was, God couldn't use the situations I find myself in to make me a better mom, and it would take all of the humor out of my parenting. I know the Lord has to get a good laugh at me as He watches me try to raise my little monkeys! As I was sitting at my son Jake's baseball game yesterday, and began looking around at all of the mothers who were there cheering their son to victory, or lovingly lifting their son after a hard loss. It soon hit me that in my family I am surrounded by some amazing women, who were all present at Jake's game. (all but 2 whom were probably at home fixing something good to eat for dinner today) God created all of these women in such unique ways, and none of them think or act alike. They all bring such a wonderful, perfect mix to our family. Each personality was given by God to fit perfectly so that our family can operate and function the way He wants it to. I am constantly learning from these ladies, and I know I am a better woman today because of the example they are in front of me. I wish I had the time to describe each of them in detail just to let you know how amazing they are--but my time blogging is short this morning. I will just say that for all of the differences they possess, there is one thing they all share and that is the Love of God in their hearts. They all serve Him and follow His lead. They are all humble servants who not only serve the Lord above all, but they are women who serve and love their families with every ounce of breath and energy they have. Thank you Lord for these women. Women who teach me, who love me, who shock me, who make me laugh, and who spur me on to be a better person. I love you all, and want to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment