Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer..........

I will have to say that for the last few weeks of school I have been anxiously waiting for the first official day of summer vacation to arrive. I think I am worse than the kids at times. I love summer when the kids are home and we can just spend the lazy days of summer together-or is it crazy days? It seems that for the last four years of my life I have been running here and there and everywhere to get the kids where they need to go, and all of my errands done before dinner and bedtime. I miss the lazy days where we would just pack a picnic basket and head for the lake and enjoy an afternoon together as a family. Nowhere to go and freedom to stay out until dark with nothing on the agenda. Now it's (as Rachel's blog pointed out) gotta eat, change, and head to a ballgame! Don't get me wrong, I love watching my boys play ball, I guess I just miss the pick up game in the yard too. The boys using one of my vacuum sweeper attachments as a bat, and a ball made out of rolled up duct tape. Organized sports are great, but nothing beats watching while Jake, Drew, Tate, Rachel and Alex play until sundown in the front yard, listening to them make the game come alive with all of their play by plays announced at the top of their lungs. I love family time. I love family. I try to cherish each moment because time flies so quickly. I never want to be to busy and tired from the day to go outside on a hot summer night and catch fire flies with my boys. I have high expectations for this summer. Get ready Heather, Michelle, Rachel, Jill, Connie and any other Phase 10 lover--this summer..... card nights at my house! BYFS (Bring your favorite snack) and I will provide the sweet tea! I am bound and determined to bring back those lazy days. Those memory making days that our families will cherish for a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. I am so there. Name a night and give me time to make a snack! Michelle

    ReplyDelete