Sunday, April 26, 2009

Drew's celebration cookout.....




Last night we had a cookout with our family to celebrate that our son Drew asked Jesus into his heart and to be the Lord of his life. After everyone had gone, and we were getting the boys ready for bed, I had taken the last check on the house, making sure all candles had been blown out, lights had been turned off, and doors had been locked. As I was heading upstairs I could hear David reading Where the Red Fern Grows to the boys as they were settling down to sleep. It was so quiet and as I made my way to our bedroom, I was consumed with warm fuzzies. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I thanked the Lord for these special moments. Not just the moments that I hear my husband reading, playing, or just having a sweet conversation with the boys about life and making good choices. I mean all of the special moments you have raising children. The good, the bad, and the ugly. They all seem to have a very special place in my heart because through them all I have become a better wife, mother, and overall person. Don't get me wrong I would love for our life to be nothing but easy street. But that's not what makes us grow and mature and love each other in a deeper more intimate way. That's not what makes a family. What makes a family are all of the good, bad, and ugly intertwined so that unconditional love is formed. I looked around at our family circle last night and could not ask for a better place to be. I went to bed last night asking the Lord to help me remember that I don't know exactly when the Lord will call me or anyone else home. To help me be conscious of my words and actions because they may be the last thing someone remembers about me. He set me here in this life for a mission and higher calling. I just pray that I don't do more harm than good here on Earth, my track record is so far from mediocre. I am a work in progress, a servant in training who needs some sanding around the edges. I am just so thankful the Lord above wants to take a sinner like me, and give me the blessings of partnering with Him to raise such a sweet family.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful heritage you are leaving for the next generation! Praise the Lord for Drew's testimony!

    ReplyDelete