Saturday, January 3, 2009

How sweet it is to be loved by you.....

Wow, what a beautiful day! The sun was shining so bright, and the weather was just right. I love days like today. There is such a familiar feeling in the air. I was telling my sister that it felt like early October at times, and then would soon change to the feeling you have early Spring, like the beginning of May. Whether early Fall, or early Spring-today was wonderful! I am sure all of your reading this who live in my neck of the woods would agree that a day like today is such a blessing. My sister and I had made plans today to have a girls night out because all my boys had made plans elsewhere. Jake, his daddy, Uncle Bub, and Chad B. had made plans to go see old friends in Bolivar for some "guy time", and Drew and Tate had made special Saturday plans with their Nana. (now that school is back in session, Nana will become an endangered species again, for a few months anyway!) So here I was all alone today, so my sister came to the rescue! She is so awesome and thoughtful. All those who know my family, know I am the only lady in the house, so doing girly things doesn't usually happen for me. I love hearing stories about how my sister-in-law Michelle and my niece Rachel have their awesome shopping days- but secretly I am a little envious! Today though my sister gave me a day I will never forget. We laughed, we cried (because we laughed so hard), and we were able to just talk with no interruptions. We had gift certificates for pedicures, we ate out at a fancy restaurant, and we also went and had our hair done.(all with money I had been saving since my birthday in November!) I could not have asked for a better "girl's day/night out". Thank you Heather, I had a wonderful time today, how sweet it is to be loved by you! And thank you Lord for the a beautiful day you blessed us with. You are an AWESOME GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment