Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Proverbs 3:5-6

This morning as I was posting my blog-the question came to me-"What do I want to use this blog for." I want everyone who reads my blog to know just how much I love the life that the Lord above has given me. It is amazing just how wonderful the Lord is, and how intricate his master plan is. In Jeremiah 29:11, the Lord promises me that He has a plan for me. Plans to prosper me, and not to bring me harm, plans to give me hope and a future. I cannot imagine my life without Him. He set my plan in motion, and He will be with me (even when I think I cannot pick up one more coat off the entry floor) to the end. Through this blog I want to share the trials and triumphs of parenting my three boys and how the Lord is in control of it all. Just this morning my son Drew was reading one of the prayers I have been praying over my boys for years. ( I feel that I need to always be persistent in my prayers) It read: Lord, I pray that YOU would give the gifts of wisdom, discernment, and revelation to my boys. Help them to trust YOU with all of their heart, not depending on their own understanding, but acknowledging YOU in all their ways so that they may hear YOUR clear direction in their life and know which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5-6) Drew said, "Wow mom, that's a long prayer." I replied to him, "It is, and you know what, that prayer I don't just pray over you, I pray that over myself as well." It seems that every time I think about the way I want my boys to act, or the decisions I want them to make--the Lord reminds me that, I need to listen just as closely to His voice, and continue to grow and learn as well! I am convinced that the Lord gives us children, so that we understand just how much He loves us and wants what is best for us. Isn't that what we want for our children? We want them to understand just how much we love them, and that we want what is best for them too. Talk to you tomorrow.-----Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment