Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Preparing Him for the other woman.....

You know there are so many days in my life where I seems to be running circles trying to get everyone where they need to go...and getting everything they need so they are fully prepared. I asked myself the other day after reading one of my favorites authors on raising boys. She reminded me that I am not the only the mother of these three little boys...but I am raising someones future husband. Wham....now that is SERIOUS! As I stopped and pondered this thought it soon occurred to me that to make my boys the best husbands...I need to remember that making them responsible for the things they need...for having them make their plates...clean their clothes...put away their dishes...I helping them learn how to be great husbands. Tate seems to be the easiest to convince at this point in time. He was born wanting to take care of things...to look nice...and to help out, from the start. Jake and Drew, however, don't see why living this way would be so important. They have so many other important things they don't need to be bothered with this sort of thing right now. You know baseball is something that a young boy should not be expected to put away just to clean up their room....or brush their teeth...it is summer for goodness sake! All I know is that I have an enormous task ahead of me and God does promise me that he will not give me more than I can handle....though at times I feel a little overwhelmed! He has me mother these three little gentlemen and I don't take my responsibilities lightly. I thank the Lord for trusting me...but for never leaving me when I am such an inadequate individual. So many times I fail...still his goodness and mercy remain. Thank you Lord for my boys....I pray for them so hard...and I know you began a good work in them and it will not be complete until the day of Christs return. Help me remember that they are just little boys...who need gentle reminders every now and again...and that they will be just fine! I pray for those young ladies out there whom you have chosen to be a part of our family someday....those you are preparing perfectly for my little guys to love and cherish! How great is our God...who is the same yesterday today and forever! Who knows every intricate detail of our lives and orchestrates it perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment