Sunday, July 19, 2009

Intentional Walk.....

As I was sitting here this morning reading my devotion for today, I ran across a scipture that has been such a daily meditation for me over this last week, and a reminder of how the Lord is watching over me and a constant promise for our family. It is Psalm 32:8 and it has been sort of my end of the school year summer time scripture I have referenced so many times in the last three months, and it is great how the Lord puts it right in my path just when I need it. It reads, The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." The intentions for our USSSA World Series trip were for us to make this week something more than a plethera of ballgames. The Lord has set us most definatly on the pathway we are traveling and that path includes lots and lots of ballgames. I feel it is our job to make the most of every opportunity He sets in that path to make a difference in the lives of those around us. He says in Psalm 32:8 that as we travel this path He will guide us along, advise us and watch over us. I believe that wholeheartedly! He brought in our path so many opportunities to minister the love of Jesus to so many people this week, and to truely love even when it's not easy. (which I am still learning to do, and do not do it very well) I believe that the Lord sets in that pathway some very difficult situations, some that are very close to home and heart. He wants to make us better people through those difficult situations and if we are walking that intentional walk it makes it easier to see how He is refining us. I have thanked the Lord for such a special week to be with some wonderful people, and to watch my son and the young men on his team play some great baseball. I have watched them grow and mature and learn some wonderful life lessons through this wonderful, exciting game. I pray that each day of my life I am walking intentionally. That people see that though I am so flawed, the Lord looks at my heart and sees my potential, and He wants me to just be the best I can be. I know that is how I look at my sons and the way they play the game of baseball. They are not perfect, and they may have those many flawed days, but I see their potential, and I want them to be the best they can be. How great is our God. He can take a simple game of baseball, and turn it into the best learning and growing experience--as long as I am focused on what Him and listening to what He wants to say to me and taking that INTENTIONAL WALK! Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment