Saturday, June 27, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgames.....




Well as you can see from the pics I placed on my blog page baseball mania has hit and America's favorite pastime has consumed our home, our car, and our lives. I have been the worst about complaining that we have not had enough time at home lately. It seems that as soon as we get up in the morning I am washing baseball uniforms, planning the evenings dinner to pack in the cooler for the nights big game wherever the road leads. As I was praying about my attitude the other day the Lord impressed upon me that no matter where the Lord has me I need to be content. I need to have the attitude of Christ wherever I may be. If the Lord has ballgames in my life at the moment, I need to make sure that I am a light for Him at those games keeping a good attitude. He reminded me that as the mother of three little boys who love sports, I am going to be attending oodles and oodles of ballgames over their lifetime and I need to prepare my heart and my mind now because I have been called at this moment in time to minister to them most importantly. They see my attitude behind the scenes (scary) and they look at me as an example of what it should be like to have the mind, heart, and attitude of Christ. I know I have so much to learn and God is refining and reminding me each day that He has a bigger plan in store for me. He will guide me on the path that is fit just right for me, and as long as I follow His lead, I will never be alone. Isn't God's grace good. He sees my rough edges, all my faults and failures, and covers them with that grace. I have been challenged the past few days to check my attitude at the door. To lift my eyes to the hills and realize where my help comes from. It comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and earth. I know I am not the perfect wife or mother and I know I never will be, (just ask my husband and my children). I guess I just want my husband and my children to know that each day I want to do my best to let them know how much I love them. How thankful I am that God chose me to be one who gets to experience those car rides to the games and who gets to cheer my boys to victory or comfort them in defeat. To know that is how God thinks of us as His children. He cheers us when we are victorious in situations when we have trusted Him, and he picks us up and comforts us when we feel defeated. So Lord, take me out to the ballgames, take me out to that crowd, use me where I am planted right now, and help me to live your love out loud!

1 comment:

  1. Amen...though my life is much more quiet (for now)I still face the smame challenges...wanting my attitude, my life and my responses to life to be MORE CHRIST LIKE! Thank you Lord that you save us and don't leave us to figure this life out on our own. I have not started, but have checked out (from our church's library,) one of the books you listed on your blog..."The Power of a Praying Parent". I will be sure to get to it...I'm in the process of reading a book by David Jerimiah "Prayer- The Great Adventure". I am praying for a heart of prayer! It's always encouraging to read your blogs...see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete