Monday, April 19, 2010

Let the games begin....


Well baseball season is here...and we are off and running! Our family as you all know LOVES baseball...and have been so excited for the games to begin. This last weekend the boys played in a tournament and as I was walking from field to field watching all of the games that had Stockton kids playing...I couldn't help but take in all of the sights and sounds and smells all around me. There were siblings playing a pick up games....mommies laughing and sharing stories with each other...dads talking baseball....and of course 7 fields of baseball boys and girls going head to head trying to come out on top and in the end play the championship game! I love it! And I can't forget the smells.... hot dogs....popcorn....nachos....three of the main staples at a ball field. My kids of course think I'm the meanest mom in the world not letting them spend a dime in the concession stand. I might like the nostalgic smells the field has to offer...but not the health and money hazzards they provide. They will just have to get used to the idea of grapes, apples, string cheese, licorice whips, Slim Jims and cheez its hitting the spot for years to come! As I was taking all of this in, I couldn't help but see what wonderful opportunities the Lord presents at ballgames to share His goodness with those around us. I see Him everywhere. In people...in the beauty of the Earth He blesses us with....in words spoken in public or private...God is alive in a world seeking to find hope. I believe that the Lord places us right where we are supposed to be and it is our job to take hold of every opportunity to share His love with those we meet. His good news is what the world needs. His hope...His love....His peace. It is our job to be His hands and His feet here on Earth. God is so good...and His love is endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment