Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My shot....

I am sitting in my living room watching little snow flurries fall to the ground, the sound of my dishwasher starting the rinse cycle, and my dryer buzzing telling my it's time to start another load of laundry. Not to much going on this afternoon, my mom took the boys to the gymnasium to shoot some hoops so I am sitting here all alone enjoying the sounds of my home. I love days where the only thing I have on my agenda is laundry and running the dishwasher. I am positive there are probably other things I need on my list ....but I will feel good if I just have these two things done for today. There are things that run through my mind from time to time that just make me stop and think about the difference I am making in this life. There was a song on the radio today and I have heard it so many times before but today the lyrics have stayed in my head and I have meditated on them throughout the day. The words were "you only have just one time around...you only get one shot at this." Wow, did those words make me stop and think about my life and how I am here to make a difference for Christ and what am I doing with this "shot" I have. The Lord calls us to be a light in this world that has so much darkness. As the scripture says "no one lights a lamp to cover it up...they put it on a stand to light the house...so we should let our light shine before men...so they see our good deeds and glorify the Father in Heaven." I ask myself...does the world look at me...and see me? Or do they look at me and see my Father? I pray that this shot I have in this life is lived well. That even through my faults and failures...God works good so that He is glorified in everything I do. I have recently been challenged to take my walk with my God to a new level. To step out and do some things that in my own flesh I would fall on my face...but through my Lord I can stand and walk tall knowing He is in control, not me. I am so thankful today that I have a God who can take me, this weak individual, and make me a strong vessel. He is my strong tower, a fortress when I'm weak, beautiful and mighty, my everlasting King! Praise Him today! Let the Lord be your guide and show you great and mighty things! Be challenged today.....ask yourself what you are doing with this shot at life....I know I have been challenged in a mighty way and I pray that I live a life that glorifies my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment