Friday, December 11, 2009

Jeremiah 33:3

Today my little boy Tate was home from school with a stomach bug. Even though it was not so much fun for him--I, as always, enjoy it when the boys are home with me. I know that the Lord has a plan set out for each of them, and that His mighty hand protects and directs their paths, and that at this moment in time He has them in this school for a purpose. I just don't like the fact that the time they had at home with me went so quickly. I was sharing a scripture with my sister the other day from Jeremiah 33:3. In my Bible it reads, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." This scripture has always been one of my favorites because it reminds me that when I call on the Lord He will answer me in a way that only He knows is best. It may not seem that way to me at the moment, but I know He knows the future and He knows what is best. This particular day I was sharing it with her about a particular situation she has gone through for a long time. She read it and immediately answered me back with the translation in her Bible which read: "Ask me, and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come." God is so good. He knows all the amazing secrets that are in our future. Remarkable things we cannot even imagine! Wow! I am so blown away thinking about how the Lord knows all this about me, and about each one of us. It is so hard to think that He has enough love for each of us, and His love for us never runs out. I am comforted this evening knowing that our God knows all of the secrets that are in the future for my boys, and for David and I as well. That His plan for them is far greater than the one I have played out in my finite brain. That He watches each move and when we falter-He takes His mighty hand and steers us back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment